In January 2012 a Consortium formed by Nymo, TTS Energy, Siemens, and M-I Swaco signed the Contract with OSX WHP 1 & 2 Leasing B.V. for two complete Drilling Package Units (DPU’s) for permanent installation on two Wellhead Platforms (WHP’s). These WHP’s will be operated by OGX at the Waimea Field in the Campos Basin, being the first two of a planned program off 24.
Nymo’s participation in the Contract is representing more than 30% of the total value, and is one of the largest single Contracts signed by Nymo.
The Contract comprises two complete, self-contained Drilling and Mud Packages for permanent installation on the WHP’s.
- Nymo shall carry out design of the Drilling module with substructure and three Mud, Bulk and Cementer units, procurement of equipment and materials, fabrication and pre-commissioning at Nymo’s Yard in Norway. Nymo’s modules are representing 2 x 2.600 of the total 2 x 3.600 tonnes. After pre-commissioning, the pre-assembled DPU will be dismantled into separate units, loaded out onto Nymo supplied heavy lift vessel, and transported to the OSX fabrication yard in Pontal do Parana, Brazil.
- Nymo will then supply resources into the hook-up, assembly and commissioning team at the OSX Yard.
- TTS Energy is the supplier of the Drilling and Mud Equipment.
- Siemens is the supplier of the Power Module.
- M-I Swaco is the supplier of the Mud Treatment and the Mud Mixing modules. Nymo is considering this contract being a major breakthrough into the Brazilian market, and will use this opportunity to prove Nymo as a serious supplier to the Brazilian Oil and Gas Market.